When a blogger writes on multiple topics, that blog is called a multi-niche blog. For example, someone is writing about Technology, Health, Career, and mobile on his blog. This will come in the category of multi-niche blog.
But in case someone is writing on only a single topic, that would be an example of a single niche blog. For example, a blogger is writing about affiliate marketing only on his blog.
What do you think, which one is more beneficial?
Multi-Niche Blog Vs Single-Niche
In my opinion, both are having their own importance and their own pros and cons. But of course, the majority of experts will suggest you run a single niche blog. And I also recommend the same.
Let’s understand with a common example. Suppose someone has a problem with his heart. Do you think he should go to a general doctor or to a heart specialist? I guess you would say he should go to the heart specialist.
Why? Because a heart specialist is an expert on that problem.
Let’s see another example: Suppose you want to know something about Search engine optimization. And you have two options.
- First: There is one blog, where the blogger is writing about so many topics like earning money online, Search engine optimization, motoring, mobile, job, toys, etc.
- Second: There is a second blog where the blogger is writing about only search engine optimization.
What do you think? Which one would you like more? I guess you would prefer to go on the second blog. Because the second one sounds better than the first. And looks like the blogger/writer has good expertise in search engine optimization and that’s why writing about one topic.
Normally, it happens. When you write about multiple niches, then you need to give time to all the niches. And in the case of a single niche blog, your all-time is about only one niche. And there is an opportunity to research better and produce better quality content for your audience.
Single-Niche blogs have benefits like:
- Single-Niche blogs are easier to rank in comparison to multi-niche blogs.
- Single-Niche blogs are more SEO friendly.
- Single-topic blogs look more trustworthy.
- You have your total focus on a single niche.
- Better monetization opportunity.
- As much time your spend on a particular niche, your expertise also improves.
- Better brand value about a particular niche.
I am not saying that multi-niche bloggers, can’t produce good quality content. There are so many multi-niche blogs/websites which are working well and ranking well also. However, Multi-Niche blog and single niche both have their pros and cons.
If you are starting a new blog, I would suggest you start it on a single niche. because you will have enough time to research and learn your niche very well. And you write better quality content.
But in case, if you focus on so many niches, it might get complicated to research and learn all the topics. Single niche blogs are normally, search engine friendly, easy to monetize and look trustworthy also.