If you are searching for how to delete your Facebook account, you are reading the right article. Because in this article I will cover the full detailed process to do it. And I will also tell you some important points related to the deletion of your Facebook account.
Guys, basically, there are two processes – First, you can delete your account permanently, and second, you can also have the option to deactivate your account temporarily.
When you deactivate your account temporarily, you have the option to reactivate your account anytime. But when you delete your Facebook account permanently, you can’t reactivate your account anytime. You can perform both the task through your mobile application and on your PC also. Now, let’s understand the complete steps to delete your Facebook account.
List of 5 Most Subscribed YouTube Channels in India
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently?
Steps to Delete Your Facebook Account
The process to delete your Facebook account is very easy and quick. However, you need to understand one most important points. When you deactivate or delete your Facebook account, you also automatically deactivate or delete all profiles/pages under your account. Now, let’s check the complete steps to delete your Facebook account.
- First of all, open your Facebook Application on your mobile and tap on your profile photo in the top right corner.
- Scroll down your page and tap on Settings & Privacy. And after this, you tap on Settings.
- Now scroll down the page and you will have an option for Access and Control. From here you can manage your data, modify your legacy contact, and deactivate or delete your account.
- Now simply tap on Access and Control. And you will have the option of Deactivation and Deletion. Now tap on it to go further.
- After it, you will have two separate options to select. First, Deactivate Account – Deactivating your account is temporary. (“Your account will be disabled and your name and photos will be removed from most things you have shared. You will be able to continue using Messenger”). Second, Delete Account – Deleting your account is permanent (When you delete your Facebook account, you would not be able to retrieve the content or information that you have shared on Facebook. Your Messenger and all of your messages will also be deleted”).
- Now just select the option of Delete Account and tap on Continue to Account Deletion. Now your profile pages will be shown on the page, that you want to delete. Tap on Continue.
- Now select the reason to delete your Facebook account and tap on Continue to Account Deletion.
- Now you will have several options including Download your Information. With this option, you can download your database/information before deleting your account.
- After it, you tap on Delete Account. And enter your password to verify and tap on Continue.
- Now it is time to confirm permanent account deletion and tap Delete your account. And after it, your Facebook deletion account will start and you will be logged out with the following message on your screen – “Your Account is Scheduled For Permanent Deletion“
The above is the complete process to delete your Facebook account. The process to the account is almost the same on mobile and PC.
Can You Cancel Your Account Deletion?
Now question is, can you cancel your account deletion? The answer is yes. You can cancel it within 30 days of an initiative to delete your account. To do it, you can simply log in to your Facebook account and click on Cancel Deletion. However, before you start to delete your Facebook account, you should read Facebook guidelines.
When you process your request to delete your account permanently, after 30 days your account and all the information deleted permanently. However, It may take up to 90 days to delete all the things.
What Happens When You Delete Your Facebook Account?
Before you start the process to delete your Facebook account, you should make sure that you want to take this final call. If are not sure whether to delete or deactivate, better you avoid it or simply deactivate the account. Because after permanent delete, you can’t reactivate it. Here are a few important points that happen after the deletion of your account.
- First of all, if you delete your Facebook account permanently, then you can’t reactivate it later.
- After the deletion of your FB account, you would not be able to use Messenger.
- You would not be able to access whatever information you have added or shared. You would not be able to access your profile, photos, posts, videos, or anything else.
So, before you take your final decision to delete your Facebook account, you can analyze things and take the final step.
As you have seen above if you want to delete your Facebook account, you can do it within a few minutes. There may be several reasons why a person wants to delete an FB account. Might be you want to have your focus on your study or work, and Facebook is distracting you or consuming a lot of time. Or might be you don’t like social media or that the account you want to delete was an experimental account.
There might be any reason and it may vary from person to person. And don’t worry if want to delete your Facebook account, you are not the only such person who wants to do it. Both the process, Deactivation, and deletion are easy and Quick. However, it totally depends on you which action you want to take.
4 Best Free Screen Recorder For PC – Free Download
How to Grow Your YouTube Channel? 5 Powerful Ways