If you want to know how to change your name on Facebook, this article is going to be very useful. Because I will explain the complete details to change your name on Facebook on the computer and android applications as well. Facebook is one of the most popular and well-established social media platforms in the world. It was founded in 2004 and Mark Zuckerberg is the CEO of the company.
Mostly we want to keep updated on our social media profile from time to time. And sometime you may want to change your name also. Maybe you want to add your maiden name or want to change your name after marriage or there might be your own reasons to change your name on Facebook.
You can change your name through your mobile application and through the Facebook website also. While changing your name you need to follow some important guidelines also so that you don’t face any problems. So let’s go through the detailed process.
How to Overcome Laziness and Be Motivated? 4 Powerful Tips
5 Book Summary CHennels on YouTube in Hind
Guidelines to Change Your Name on Facebook
Before you start the process to change your name on Facebook, I would like to tell you something very important. There are certain guidelines to change your name on Facebook. If you will not follow them, Facebook may reject your changes or may face problems. Here are some important points.
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters, or punctuation are not allowed.
- Characters from multiple languages are not allowed.
- Title of any kind (eg. professional, religious) is not allowed.
- You are not allowed to use words or phrases in place of your name.
- You are not allowed to use offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
- The name on your profile should also be on a form of ID or document.
- You can’t change your name too frequently. If you change your name, you can’t change it again for 60 days.
So before you go into the process, ensure that you are following Facebook’s name policy and changing your name accordingly.
Steps to Change Your Name on Facebook on Computer
First of All, I am explaining how you can change your name on Facebook on your computer. Here are the complete steps.
- Step 1: Open Facebook on your computer, and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Click on your Profile Picture in the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and click on Settings and Privacy.
- Step 4: Now click on Settings
- Step 5: After clicking on Settings, you will have the option of Name. Just click on the Name or Edit button.
- Step 6: Now enter the new name that you want to add and click on Review Change.
- Step 7: After it, enter your password in the box and click on Save Changes. When you change your name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for a certain period.
If you want to change your name on Facebook through the computer, you can follow the above steps.
Steps to Change Your Name on Facebook Android App
Now let’s understand how you can change your name on Facebook on your android mobile. Here are the complete steps.
- Step 1: Open the Facebook application on your android mobile, and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Tap on the hamburger menu (three lines) in the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Step 3: Scroll down your page and tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Step 4: Tap on Settings.
- Step 5: Now you will have your account section where you need to tap on Personal Information.
- Step 6: Now you need to Tap on Name.
- Step 7: Enter the name that you want to add.
- Step 8: Tap on Review Change and enter your password.
- Step 9: Now finally tap on Save Changes. If you change your name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for 60 days.
So, if you want to change your name on Facebook on the Android application, you can follow the above steps.
You can change your name On Facebook easily on a computer and mobile applications. But ensure that you are not changing your name frequently and following all the guidelines to change the name. Name and username are two different things and the process to change them is different. I hope this article was informative and provided you with sufficient information to update your name.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently?
How to Change Your Photo on Aadhaar Card Online?